1) Coastal Zone: planning and integrated management. The coastal zone. Problems and risks.
2) ICZM elements. The general model. Phases: planning, diagnosis, implementing and evaluation.
3) The ICZM in the European Union: policy and laws. The Mediterranean Protocol. The green book on Maritime Policy
4) The ICZM in Spain: policy and laws. The Spanish strategy.
5) Integrated management and Conservation of Coastal Zones: Spanish examples and case studies.
Basic understanding of morphology and coastal dynamics as well as the main coastal ecosystems
Understanding of the main tools for planning management; sensibility, coordination and decision in practical case studies