1. Introduction to world fisheries and its problems, including suggested general reading, databases, internet resources
2. A critical appraisal of classical fisheries biology
3. Myth and reality about the biology of fishes
4. Development of new models, technologies and approaches to fisheries management
5. Fisheries development planning
Insight in the current status and problems of sea fisheries. The student will be pursuaded of the need for fisheries management and the management tools that are available.